SHIPPING ITEMS TO WV CERAKOTE
** Please do not ship anything to us without contacting us first. **
Cerakoting falls under the “Gunsmith and Factory repair” exception according to ATF and shipping regulations. This means as the owner of a firearm, you can directly ship to us and we will ship directly back to you after the work is completed. You do not have to go thru a separate FFL dealer to ship us your firearm.
PLEASE NOTE: EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2021, Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx. view fedex policy HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: EFFECTIVE AUGUst 2022, NONLICENSEES ARE PROHIBITIED FROM SHIPPING FIREARMS WITH UPS. VIEW USP POlicy HERE.
Here are a few tips when shipping us your firearm. If your item is not firearm related, you can skip to #7:
- Handguns must be shipped by a licensed FFL dealer. You CANNOT ship handguns by USPS. Shotguns & Rifles may be shipped via ground service through USPS.
- Make sure your firearm is unloaded. Do not include ammunition with shipment!
- All firearms and parts will need to be completely disassembled prior to coating. This includes removal of all pins, screws, springs, internals, and sights. If you are sending the firearm in assembled, labor fees for disassembly/reassembly may apply. To save money, please send only the parts you want coated and include an inventory list of all items/parts you are sending. Partially disassembled items will be charged a prorated disassembly fee and returned disassembled. Click here for the Firearm Disassembly and Reassembly disclaimer.
- Ship in an appropriate box with proper packing material. We are not responsible for damage due to improper packing or items lost in transit.
- We suggest purchasing insurance for the full replacement value of your items. Insurance isn’t expensive, but firearms are. Also, please note on the work order the amount of insurance you would like added on the return shipment.
- The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm.
- Include a copy of the signed work order we email you in with the package. We will need this to identify who the package belongs to and what work needs to be completed.
- Ship to the following address depending on which carrier you choose.
If shipping via UPS or FedEx for non firearm related items or Via a licensed dealer:
114 Maple Ave
Franklin, WV 26807
If shipping via USPS: (You must use the PO Box or risk the Post Office returning the package)
PO Box 666
Franklin, WV 26807
- Once shipped, if possible, please email us the tracking number so we know when to expect your item.
- Your item will be returned by the same method it was shipped to us. If your item is a firearm, we are required to ship it back to the same address and sender it was shipped from … NO EXCEPTIONS. An “Adult Signature” will also be required when returning your firearm.
If you have any questions, please contact us prior to shipping.
Please note, it is your responsibility to comply with all federal and state firearms laws and shipping company policies when sending firearms.
Please check the links below for each carrier’s regulations or contact them by phone:
UPS: Shipping Firearms
PHONE: 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877)
FedEx: How to ship firearms
PHONE: 1-800-GoFedEx (463-3339)
PHONE: 1-800-ASK-USPS (275-8777)