WV Cerakote is happy to assist with both incoming and outgoing firearm transfers
For every incoming transfer, please complete our FFL Transfer Request form so we are aware a transfer to coming to us. Failure to complete this form could result in a processing delay.
$5 Incoming Transfer, CASH ONLY
$5 Outgoing Transfer, CASH ONLY
*West Virginia Sales Tax is included
- WV Cerakote will accept out-of-state transfers from FFL dealers as well as non-licensed individuals.
- Please inform us (using the FFL Transfer Request Form) in advance of all firearms being shipped to us, regardless of whether the shipper requires our information (has our FFL on file). Failure to do so will result in processing delays.
- We WILL provide a copy of our FFL to the transferring FFL via email or fax. They can contact us by emailing FFL@wvcerakote.comor calling 304-802-2244.
- If the transfer is coming from a FFL dealer, we will require a copy of their FFL.
- We WILL NOT provide a copy of our FFL to non-licensed individuals. Non-licensed individuals need to contact us for our short form number which they can verify our FFL status prior to shipping by going to https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/.
- If the transfer is coming from a non-licensed individual, we will require a photo copy of that individual’s government issued ID. Federal regulations require us to know the identity of anyone shipping us a firearm. If a photo ID is not received, the shipment will be refused.
- The name of the purchaser must be included with the shipment so that we can verify who the shipment is intended for. If we receive a gun with no information attached, this will cause delays or could end in the shipment being returned to the seller.
- Firearms must be logged in before they can be picked up. We will contact you to setup a time to come in to process the transfer. This turnaround time is always fairly quick.
- Please do not come in before we contact you, even if the tracking information shows it has been delivered.
- The firearm MUST BE picked up by the person that made the purchase. You cannot have a family member or friend pick it up for you.
- When picking up your firearm, you will need a valid Government ID card, with your current address. If your ID does not have your current address on it, you will need to bring in an additional government (city, county, state or federal) issued document with your name and current address on it. Acceptable forms of documentation include a current Vehicle Registration, Tax Document, Utilities Bill, Property Tax Receipt, etc.
- Before taking possession of the firearm, the buyer must successfully complete ATF from 4473 and pass the NICS background check. Make sure you can legally take ownership of the firearm(s) in question before having them shipped.
- As with all firearms sales and transfers, we reserve the right to deny the transfer of any firearm to anyone for any reason.
AGE RESTRICTIONS PER FEDERAL LAW:
To receive a Long gun, you must be at least 18 years old. Long guns can be transferred to a resident of any state provided that the transfer is legal in both the purchaser’s state and the state in which the transfer is taking place.
To receive a Handgun or stripped lower receiver, you must be at least 21 years old and a legal resident of the state in which you will complete the transfer.
NICS BACKGROUND CHECK DENIAL:
If you are denied for any reason, we will help in any way to assist with a return if that option is available (Some sellers have a no return policy). You will be responsible for the cost of postage to return the firearm to the original owner as well as the $5 transfer fee. If the option to return is not available, we reserve the right to sell your firearm and keep any of the proceeds from that sale.
If the firearm is left without making storage arrangements (Additional storage cost apply) it will be considered abandoned after thirty (30) days and subject to forfeiture on your part.
If the original owner or dealer WILL NOT accept the return of the firearm, WV CERAKOTE will remain the lawful owner of the abandoned firearm, free and clear and will not be responsible for any costs associated with your purchase.
Contact us at FFL@wvcerakote.com to setup your outgoing transfer
WV Cerakote will ship/transfer firearms to valid FFL dealers ONLY.
In addition to the transfer fee, the customer is responsible for ALL shipping costs, including delivery confirmation, adult signature fee, insurance, etc.
WV Cerakote will not ship firearms to CA, IL, HI, MA, NJ, Boroughs of NY City or Washington, DC.
WV Cerakote will not be held liable for any defects, damage, or malfunctions of firearms transferred (Incoming or Outgoing). This is between the buyer and seller.
***WV Cerakote reserves the right to refuse transfer of any firearm for any reason we feel is necessary.***
**We comply with ALL Local, State, and Federal laws. It is your responsibility to be aware of any Federal, State, or Local laws affecting your purchase.**
WV Cerakote does not do NFA/Class III transfers at this time