Please fill out the form below so that we are aware of your incoming firearm transfer.
FFL Transfer Terms and Conditions:
- Pick-Up: Once we receive your firearm and have logged the necessary information, we will contact you to arrange pickup. Please wait to be contacted before coming to complete the transfer.
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase a long gun. Long guns can be transferred to a resident of any state provided that the transfer is legal in both the purchaser’s state and the state in which the transfer is taking place.
- You must be 21 years or older to purchase a handgun or lower receiver and a legal resident in the state of WV.
NOTE: If you are a resident of a state other than WEST VIRGINIA and transferring a long gun, you may complete your firearm transfer with us as long as the transfer is legal in both your home state and WV. If you are a resident of a state other than WEST VIRGINIA and you are purchasing a handgun or receiver, then you will need to arrange to ship your firearm to a FFL Dealer in your home state.
- The firearm MUST BE picked up by the person that made the purchase. You cannot have a family member or friend pick it up for you.
- Bring a valid Government-issued Photo ID with your current address. If your ID does not have your current address on it, you will need to bring in an additional valid government (city, county, state or federal) issued document with your name and current address on it. Acceptable documents include a vehicle registration, a fishing or hunting license, a voter identification card, a tax bill or utilities bill.
- Bring the transfer fee in cash.
- Sales Taxes: West Virginia Sales Tax is included in the Transfer Fees.
- Background Checks: Form 4473 is required to be fill out at the time the firearm is picked up as well as a NICS background check will be performed.
- If you are denied for any reason, we will help in any way to assist with a return if that option is available (Some sellers have a no return policy). You will be responsible for the cost of postage to return the firearm to the original owner as well as the $5 transfer fee. If the option to return is not available, we reserve the right to sell your firearm and keep any of the proceeds from that sale.
- If you possess a valid WV Concealed Handgun License that was issued on or after June 4, 2014, you may present that in lieu of undergoing a NICS background check. You will still have to fill out a Form 4473, but we can skip the NICS check.
- In accordance with the Child Safety Lock Act of 2005, all handguns must include a “secure gun storage or safety device” before leaving the shop. If your firearm was not shipped with a lock, please bring a lockable case or gun lock (trigger lock or cable lock) with you, or plan to purchase a lock from us for $10.
- Abandoned Firearms: If the firearm is left without making storage arrangements (Additional storage cost apply) it will be considered abandoned after thirty (30) days and subject to forfeiture on your part. If the original owner or dealer WILL NOT accept the return of the firearm, WV Cerakote will remain the lawful owner of the firearm, free and clear and will not be responsible for any costs associated with your purchase.
- Returned or Cancelled Transfers: Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges should they wish to cancel and return a firearm to a seller.
- WV Cerakote will not be held liable for any defects, damage, or malfunctions of firearms transferred (Incoming or Outgoing). This is between the buyer and seller.
- WV Cerakote complies with ALL Local, State, and Federal laws. It is your responsibility to be aware of any Federal, State, or Local laws affecting your transfer.
- WV Cerakote reserves the right to deny the transfer of any firearm to anyone for any reason.